The new interface continues to reshape itself beneath our curious and haphazard guidance, making its way further into the realms of Pretty and Neat. A little more attention has been diverted to the Kingdom map, and players in the know will see that the Tavern/Quest/Dungeon system is about halfway through some swanky new renovations. By the time it’s complete, it should look a lot nicer AND provide players with extra helpful information.
We’ve also listened to people’s cries for a return to the good ol’ days of Dwarven fortitude, so we’re swapping their abilities with the vamp stuff to see if the switch is a better fit overall. We’re also bringing the Glowing Guardian more in line with the way he was meant to be played — as a stingy old beard in the sky whose rewards are hidden behind a considerable barrier of “I’m difficult to please, so just deal with it”. Paladins who carefully apply Absolution shouldn’t be entirely obliterated by the change … but players are advised to try different god combos anyway. It can’t hurt to experiment, after all.
There’s a couple of other changes to take note of (including a slightly less fireball-exclusive Mystera), but our next radical update will probably have to wait until after GDC. Here’s this week’s log:
- Guarded against index out of bounds crashes in path calculation
- Killed the annoying floaty footsteps on long path jumps
- Fixed compression and transmutation seals
- Fixed text display issues for some god piety messages
- Paladin piety penalty lowered
- Glowing Guardian piety conditions changed
- Mystera’s boons adjusted
- Dwarf, Halfling and Vampire conversions adjusted
- One or two quests removed
- Added new dungeon information to dungeon panel
- Quest information moved to map screen
- Map screen icons now select a dungeon/quest for information viewing.
- Dungeons can be selected by using the button on the information panel, or double-clicking the map icon
- Clicking on Tavern now opens map screen
- Hovering over a dungeon icon will highlight quests associated with that dungeon
- Hovering over a quest icon will highlight dungeons associated with that quest
- Quest panel will be getting more information on next update
- Fixed bug with Fighter lvl 1 exp bar
- Changed contrast and health/mana/exp bars on player tag
- Changed enemy info panel
- Inventory edited for better contrast, conversion bars changed